Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 5 Thankfulness: Less is More



I'm thankful for not being a hoarder. I'm thankful for the things we have. I'm thankful that we don't need every gadget out there. That I'm not one to try to keep up with the Jones, or even try to keep up with them.

We live in such a consumer driven society that it is easy to get swept away. I sometimes catch myself doing that. Especially during Christmas. I just love to send everyone and their dead Aunt presents. I love for them to know we are thinking about them. I love for my kids to have a full Christmas. Then I step back and think do we really need x and x. Do we need to strain and empty our accounts buying everyone a present. The answer is no folks.

I'm thankful that my kids don't expect every toy ever made under the tree. I'm thankful we don't have to cram our carts with things. I'm thankful to have the things we have and not desire more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment