Thursday, July 15, 2010

Top 10 Baby (Smaller) Toys

Usually you see lists with the swing, the exersaucer, etc. I wanted to compile a list of the smaller toys, the ones your child can take with them. These are all ones my kids have enjoyed for almost the whole 1st year of their lives.


1. Lamaze Octivity Time
This toy has been a huge hit with both of my children. It carries a high price tag, $21.99 currently on Amazon. We were lucky to score it for $2 at the Tacoma Once Upon a Child. I’m not sure I would have jumped for it brand new due to the price but knowing how wonderful it is now, I would should we ever lose ours. This toy has it all! It’s soft, adorable and completely baby friendly. The head squeaks, the starfish clicks when it turns, a mirror, floppy pieces, and crinkles all over! There is even a little Velcro piece in the bottom so that you can take it almost anywhere with you. Both my children played with this little guy from birth but the recommended age is 6+ months.


2. Infantino Ball
Not sure if you can purchase this one separately. The little clackers have received little use but the ball is a huge hit! Jake loves interacting with Charlie and the ball. It has little beads in the clear parts that sound like rain when turned just right. Charlie is all about grabbing this one, gumming away on it, and just having a good time flinging from either side of her bouncer. I also like this one because it is brightly colored. This toy is for 3+ months.


3. Bright Starts Rattle & Shake Barbell Rattle
This toy is great! You can use this one from 0months on up. Its amazing watch your two week old baby curl her fingers in between the twisty part in the middle and just go to town. We went through many, many rattles with my son and none seemed to really hold his interest or even be easy for him to shake til he was older. I actually received this rattle at my daughter’s baby shower. It has been a huge hit so thank you Heather!


4. Bright Starts License to Drool Teether
There are so many obnoxious baby keys out there. The License to Drool Teether by Bright Starts is great. No obnoxious noises, has great little bumps so your teether can use them and accomplish that much needed massage. These keys were the only ones that have out lasted and been most used by my little punks.


5. Sassy Me in the Mirror
A lot of the toys I have on my list have little mirrors on them but nothing beats having a big (no breakable of course) mirror in the crib or on the floor so baby can see another baby to crawl over to or make funny faces at. I love the Sassy Mirrors the best because they are low noise, can be hung on a crib or stand alone on the floor or where ever baby is playing. These come in a variety of colors and even has an mp3 capability


6. Whoozit
This toy has bold colors and an adorable mirror nose. There are little noise makers all over and easy to grab arms. Great straps to take everywhere with you. I personally hung ours above the changing table. Spin it around and your babies won’t be able to take their eyes of the whoozit. We have the larger version but they do have a smaller size available.


7. Leap frog caterpillar
I loved this toy so much. I remember going into the store with Jake. Everytime I would bee line it for toy aisle and grab this so Jake could play with it. He loved it from moment he was born. I had to save up to get it, it was a new toy so I had no luck at garage sales finding it. We were beyond broke back then and with a new baby. This toy has little hang downs that crinkle or make noise. The neck allows you/baby to chose from classical music, colors, counting. It attaches to the strollers, cribs, can be alone, and about anywhere else you can think of. This one doesn’t seem to be in stock anywhere unless at very high prices. It’s one I would suggest hunting garage sales for. It’s worth it!


8. Lamaze Play & Grow Flutterbug
What is more fun that a toy that you grab and it vibrates away from you? Well I can think of lots of things but this toy is a huge hit at our home. Infantino, Tiny Love and other brands have similar toys. I think the Lamaze Flutterbug was such a huge hit because of the bold colors, the rings making it easier to grab for younger ones, not to mention the rings are great to chew on.


9. Infantino: Monkey & Elephant Wrist Rattles
These are so much fun for newborns till around 3 months. You just put them on your baby and their face is priceless when they move their little hands. This is one toy I love to gift to others at showers. We picked some up at a garage sale for just 10 cents!


10. Stuffed Animal
A classic no matter the gender. I recently bought this new with the tag Pluto (goofy’s dog), stuffed animal from Goodwill for just 99 cents. Both my kids fell in love with him. He is great with huge and an adoring puppy look. They remind me of our basset hound. Just make sure if baby is playing to have all tags removed and watch out for any removable eyes or parts.

*All pictures are from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment